collapse

* CONTENTS

* RECOMMENDED

* SPONSORED LINKS

SEOprofiler SEO software

Author Topic: Minolta Auto Zoom 8 - question  (Read 5164 times)

mshvarts

Minolta Auto Zoom 8 - question
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »
I've never previously owned an 8mm camera. I found this gem, Minolta Auto Zoom 8, and have absolutely no clue where to start, rather I know where to start but ran into a slight problem. The person I bought this from said it utilizes Super 8; even though I would have no clue I noticed that Super 8 seems to be something like a cartridge and the camera doesn't look like it can take a cartridge. I was wondering if anyone know what kind of film this camera utilizes (Regular 8mm, Cine 8, Super 8, etc).

I did a lot of research on google and forums, and I've found many references to the Minolta Zoom 8, but this is not the same camera (according to the images of the Minolta Zoom 8 the aesthetics are different.)

If need be I can take some pictures of the camera and the where the film loads.

Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.

- Misha

-----edit
This camera seems to be circa~1960

Michael Cleveland

• Global Moderator
Re: Minolta Auto Zoom 8 - question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:15:55 AM »
The Minolta Zoom-8 was introduced in 1964, which predates Super-8 by a year, so should be regular (i.e., double-) 8.  I have few specific details about the Zoom-8, but it is possible the name was re-used on a later version of the camera, so photos would be necessary to be absolutely certain.  You can use the Img or URL box above to  post photos here.

mshvarts

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:53 AM »
I appreciate the fast response. I took some pictures from different angles:

Thanks again.

edit-------
I was wondering also once it is determined what type of film it is; would you be able to suggest where I can purchase the film? Once again, many thanks.

Michael Cleveland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 03:45:47 AM »
Definitely Double-8.  Can't tell you much more about it because the few sources I have only list it by name, with no supporting data.

mshvarts

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:50 AM »
Thank you, I'll look for Double-8 film around the internet. I greatly appreciate your help and expertise.
-Misha

Michael Cleveland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:12:54 AM »
I don't do any shooting with these, so I don't have a list of film sources (really should sit down and do that some time), but film is available on line.  You might try over at cinekodak.org (http://http://messages.cinekodak.org/).  Somebody there is sure to have a source, and there may even be something already noted there.  Good luck.

About | Privacy | Terms | Contact | Advertise | © Vintage Camera Online

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal