collapse

* CONTENTS

* RECOMMENDED

* SPONSORED LINKS

SEOprofiler SEO software

Author Topic: 1923 Victor Cine Camera  (Read 3340 times)

Michael Cleveland

• Global Moderator
1923 Victor Cine Camera
« on: November 09, 2008, 05:54:13 AM »
I have just acquired a very early example of the 1923 Victor Cine Camera.  Because it is different in some respects from the other Victors I've examined, it would be of great interest to compare it with other early units, preferably numbers below 10, but any number below 38, which is the next lowest known.  If anyone reading this has such a camera, or knows of one, please contact me, and if you have any hand-crank Victor, I would like to add the serial number to my database.  20 years have turned up only 11 examples.  Thanks.

Update:   The total number of known Victor I's is now 14, as of some time earlier this year.   Any new additions to the list welcome.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:56:23 AM by Michael Cleveland »

Kenny

Re: 1923 Victor Cine Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »
I recently purchased a Victor Cine Camera, but I believe it is a newer model than the 1923.  It is not the box type, and the round plate that the serial number is etched in was not on the camera when I purchased it.  I believe it is a hand crank camera (unfortunately the hand crank was not included with the camera).  I thought I would mention it since I found your post when I was researching it online.

Michael Cleveland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 01:35:40 AM »
Yes, yours is definitely later.  It would be a model 3, 4, or 5, but without the nameplate, it's difficult to tell which.  Model 3 would be easiest because it's usually a single lens camera, but some were made with a turret.  Models 4 and 5 are turreted cameras, and both are very similar.  Without a serial number, I can't tell you much more about it.  Thanks for the information.  Here's a photo of the Victor I that I'm looking for:

alstevsonj

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
If the information has any value for anyone, I have a Victor Cine Model 5, serial number 54026, still in working order.  It has a 2.5 Wollensak lens.  Still has the leather strap on the back.
Al

Michael Cleveland

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 01:28:37 PM »
Thanks for the number.  That's a fairly late Model 5, one of the last 1200 to 1500 made.

About | Privacy | Terms | Contact | Advertise | © Vintage Camera Online

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal